Sunday, October 19, 2008

Barf Man!

Asher has really started talking now and I love it! He has stopped saying "shoo-wee" and "yucky" when something is gross. He now says "Barf Man!" It's great! I think it's sooo cute. So funny story... Here's a little background. As most of you know, Asher's eating habits kill me!! He is very picky and usually way too busy to even stop for food. Dinner time is major stress to me. Every bite is a negotiation. "One more bite of chicken and you can have a chip." "Three more bites of green beans and we can go outside and play." At breakfast, he knows that he has to finish all his pancakes before he can get out of his highchair. SO... he will shove the last three bites into his mouth at once which makes him throw up. Throw up is no longer a big deal at our house. The kid has the most delicate gag reflex ever! Everything makes him throw up! We yell at him constantly, "One at a time or you'll choke!" Now he know what choking is. Choking means throw up. So on to my story... The other day we were driving in the car and he was eating yogurt covered raisins. (I know they are gross but like I said he is a picky eater and so I try new things constantly.) He was eating them just fine but all of the sudden he decided he didnt like them anymore. He started coughing and I was watching him out of my rear view mirror and he spit out like five chewed up raisins. Holding the chewed up raisins out to me he said, "Oh I choke!!!! Barf Man!!! Mama hoed (hold) it!!!! So now "barf man" is used anytime something is yucky. Anytime he has a dirty diaper he comes up to me and says, "I poo-poo! Barf Man!!" The other day he stepped on a piece of pancake with his barefoot and dramatically fell to the floor and yelled, "Barf Man!!!!" and picked the pancake off his foot. (He also realized that he smushed it into the carpet and said, "Uh-oh Sorry Mom!" What a sweet boy!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Oh the boys would have so much fun together, Gent would thoroughly enjoy Asher's appreciation for yucky things!

Becky said...

So funny! I love the image of him dropping to the floor and screaming with pancake stuck to his foot! He's such a cutie. :-)

Casey said...

That is really so funny Nikki! I love the "barf man"....can't wait to hear him say it. What a funny/cute little boy.