Monday, November 3, 2008

Adam's surprise party!











Gosh I'm so far behind! It is going to take forever to update everything we have done but I'll start with this story first. Adam's birthday and my birthday are 8 days apart and Halloween is one day after my birthday. This has been like two long weeks of parties. Asher is still singing "Happy Birthday Momma" and "Happy Birthday Daddy!" He also thinks we must always have a "party cake" at our house so I've tried my best to make sure that happens with some cookies and cupcakes. But on to Adam's birthday... Adam didn't want to tell anyone at his work that it was his birthday. He said that he didn't want it to be a big deal. That was not a good thing to tell me. I started emailing his co-workers to tell them it was his birthday and that we needed to do something funny to embarrass him at work. But after a lot of thought, we just couldn't come up with anything. So around 3:30 my friend Amy emailed me and said "Hey let's throw a surprise party tonight at my house!" Yeah!!! Adam never wants to do anything fun for his birthday. I was really excited. Adam works with some awesome people and we have made some really good friends but it was so last minute I was afraid no one would show up. But they did! And I think Adam was really surprised. I kept having to delay him because people weren't supposed to show up until 7. We went to dinner and Adam was ready to go home at 6:30. I told him that we had to go over to Amy and David's house before we went home because I needed to pay her for some pictures. I had to buy time by begging to go to Starbucks. I had to hide inside Starbucks for 15 minutes so we didn't get there early and ruin the surprise. This really annoyed Adam. When I walked out of Starbucks he was pretty mad. But we finally made our way to their house and he noticed everyone's cars outside. His mood changed pretty fast after that! It was a fun birthday and I'm really thankful for all of our new friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is awesome! Surprises like that are the best because he no idea!!! So fun, this has really been the birthday season for you guys! Now all you need is to have a baby next November or December to keep the birthday season going:) How are you cheering for tomorrow? Are you guys going to the game?