Friday, November 14, 2008

Christmas Time!!

I am so so so so excited that it is Christmas time!! (Yes I know that Thanksgiving isn't even here yet but in my mind it's already Christmas time.) This is the first year that Adam and I will really be able to enjoy Christmas in our own home. We have been college students for the last 5 years and we had a whole month of Christmas vacation. After finals were over, we usually left home and went to spent the holidays with our families. That was really nice and I liked the month vacation we got but we never got to enjoy Christmas in our home. I always decorated for Christmas but it seemed like such a huge effort to only enjoy until the second week in December. This year I'm also having major Christmas decorating withdrawals because I didn't get to do ANY last year. Adam graduated last December and we were in the middle of moving. Our whole house was in boxes and that included the Christmas stuff! I was very sad because that's just not me. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love decorating, baking cookies, wrapping presents, listening to the music. My list could go on and on. I'm also super excited for this year because Asher is at the age when Christmas is really going to be fun. He loves going to the stores with me to look at Christmas stuff. He loves all the huge lawn decorations. (Adam will be forced to Clark Griswold the outside I'm sure.) He also loves anything that has music to it, like all the dancing Santas. Any time he sees a Santa figurine he says, "Kissmas!" However, I am a little sad because I don't think that the whole "sit in Santa's lap for a picture" thing will be happening this year. We already tried and he ran as fast as he could and hid behind Adam's leg. Santa even tried to give him candy and he wasn't falling for it. He loves Santa Clause, just from a distance. I am also buying new decorations this year. I told Adam that I have never done this before. Most of my decorations are hand me downs. I do have some stuff that my Grandmas have bought me but I'm just in the mood for some new ones! I just bought new ornaments for the tree because my old ones are all red and silver and since we don't live in Lubbock anymore, I dont want a Texas Tech tree. (Don't worry Red Raiders, I still love you just don't want you overtaking my Christmas tree anymore!) I am planning on decking the halls this coming week. My husband doesn't know it yet so either he'll read this or he'll just come home to a big surprise. Needless to say, I'm so excited for this Christmas season. I wish it could last forever!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes! I am so excited too! I am so impressed that you are already decorating, I am so not there yet, but I did drive around today listening to Christmas music! It was awesome! Have fun decorating your new house!!!!

Casey said...

Can't wait to see your house with all your new stuff. How fun! And Charli has never sat in Santa's lap yet. Chloe is my only hope now!