Friday, January 9, 2009

My new lesson...

I know, I know, I still need to get to my Christmas blogging but first I wanted to share a major lesson that I have just realized I have learned. I was thinking this morning about how moms have to have an amazing memory. While most days I am incapable of having an intelligent conversation (my brain in stuck in two year old mode), I am VERY capable and required to have an amazing memory. This morning Asher looked at me and said, "Mama where my Doc?" Where is your Doc??? Let me think??? I know that any other car will not statisfy, I have to find Doc. My memory skills need to kick in. This must be a requirement in becoming a mom. In order to prevent major meltdowns, I have to remember...

1.) Doc was last left upstairs, probably in the bedroom while changing clothes.

2.)Spider man hands (his gloves) were last worn in the car and then pulled off because he realized he couldn't hold on to Doc as well if he was wearing them.

3.) Sally (another Car, if you want tell the movie "Cars" is a favorite) is in the side saddle bag of the Harley power wheel.

4.) All footballs are put in a closet downstairs and if he is looking for the black one, it's in the garage since we play with it in the front yard.

5.) Before agreeing to let him wear his Batman shirt, I have to remember whether or not it's clean, and if I remember it's dirty, I have to quickly change the subject to the Boomer Sooners, which then causes him to want to wear a Boomer shirt. I must remember the status of laundry before even walking into his closet. This could cause major meltdown.

6.) All milk cups must be accounted for at the end of the day. Remembering where they were last dropped is very important. The smell of rotten milk is disgusting.

These are just some of the many things I have to remember on a daily basis. I really think that moms are like super heroes. All we want is to protect our babies and make their life as enjoyable as possible. All this between the millions of loads of laundry...

3 comments:

Casey said...

AHHHH! I love it and its SOOO true!! That was so fun to read and as a mommy much appreciated!

McNicoll Family said...

HEHE! Nikki....this is hilarious and oh so true. I better get my brain in gear b/c I can hardly remember where I left my keys while I was in the store....or why can't we ever find a pacifier when we need one yet we have a million! :) Oh the joys! So glad you shared.

Unknown said...

I love this post! It's so true, there are a million little details that you have to remember to make the day go smoothly! Being a stay at home mom is a very intricate detailed job!