Monday, January 26, 2009

Flu Season!!!

I hate flu season. It's so hard on the little ones. Asher always comes down with something this time of year. When he was five months old he had RSV and had to be hospitalized. That was the worst experience I have ever been through. Having a sick baby is hard enough on a mom but having to put the sick baby in that hospital is heartbreaking. I hated every minute of it but God definitely heard my prayers and Asher got better fast. However, ever since that experience, I have been really paranoid about Asher's wellness. I never think that a cold is just a cold and I'm really fast to rush to the doctor. Sometimes it may seem unnecessary but I've learned that it's always best to act on your intuition. I would much rather a doctor tell me that it's just a cold and not to worry than for me to assume it's a cold when it could be something worse. This year Asher got his first flu shot, well actually it was the mist, and so far so good. I'm really thankful he was able to do it this year because I hate seeing him miserable with the flu. BUT now he has a sore throat. This is the first sore throat he has ever had. He is running fever but has started some antibiotic and I'm sure he'll be better soon. Even with the sore throat he is running around crazy which only makes his temperature go up. It's hard to settle him down since we are stuck inside. Asher needs outdoor time everyday or else he is crazy. To make matters even crazier, we are having an ice storm. The news says to stay inside and no driving. Everyone here says the news makes things sound worse than they are but I'm not taking any chances. Besides it's freezing!!! What a way to start off the week, right? BUT on a positive note, Adam's sister, Amanda, had a baby girl this morning. Asher now has two little girl cousins. We are so excited for Amanda and Chris. Nothing is better than the joy of being a parent.

No comments: