Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Swimming







Ok first, I want you all to be impressed with my posting. This is 4 in one month!!! I know, it's even surprising me. Anyways, I think I have a fish for a son. I should probably change his name to Nemo. We live in the pool. It's wonderful since the weather here is almost unbearable. I'm so used to dry 105 degree heat. This humidity kills me so the pool is my lifesaver and it's Asher's favorite thing to do. We usually go twice a day. The nicest thing about it is that Asher is really swimming now. He recently graduated from ISR, a survival class for infants. It was such an amazing experience. He doesn't know the exact strokes, but he swims with his face in the water and rolls to his back to float when he's tired. He can swim all the way across the pool! Of course, we still stay in the water with him and help him when he needs it but the course was a serious lifesaver. Asher has NO FEAR!!!! He thinks nothing of jumping off the side and just going for it. My biggest fear was him falling in the water without floaties and thinking that he would just be able to float. Now he knows how. It's awesome! If anyone has kids who are fearless around water then this class is totally for you. Here are some pictures of Asher on his last day. They practice swimming fully clothed so that they will know what to do if they fell into a pool with clothes on.

2 comments:

Casey said...

That is SO COOL! Yay for Asher!!

Heather Cearley said...

Hi Nikki! Well, I got your blog address from Aub! Asher is so cute! I can't believe how old he is! Well, I hope everything is going great for you guys! It is crazy to think that we are all married with kids! Time really flies!