Friday, June 12, 2009

Traveling

I love vacations! I really love vacations! BUT I HATE THE TRAVELING DAYS!!!! You know, the day to travel to where you are going and the day to travel home. Those days are FOREVER long and draining. Yesterday we flew back from Seattle (more on this trip later) and ran into that huge storm in Dallas. Well, we didn't actually fly into it but it was definitely affecting our flight. We made it to Albuquerque and we were supposed to just touch down, pick up more people, and take off again. We got stuck. The airport in Dallas was shut down. No one could fly in or out. So we sat on the plane and just waited until we got word that the storm had passed and we could fly to Dallas. That was torture. I wanted to get home to Asher sooo bad! All I wanted to do was jump off that plane and find another way back to Tulsa. However, the airport opened back up and we took off. When we got to Dallas, it was mass chaos in the airport. People had been stuck there all day. The stand-by line was over 100 people long. The bathroom lines (in every bathroom) where coming out the doors and going down the halls. People with babies and little kids where everywhere. Talk about stress!!!!! There was a lady flying alone with two kids and the youngest one was having a huge breakdown. Nothing the lady did made her feel better. My heart broke for both the mama and the little girl. There's nothing worse than being stuck in a place with no where to go. Needless to say, they made their plane and we made ours. I loved touching down in Tulsa just knowing that my sweet little boy was waiting at home for me. (Thanks mom and dad for watching him for us.) Anways, just wanted to say that I had a great time on vacation but I hate the traveling part. I'm really dreading the long flight I have coming up in a few weeks. I'm gonna start praying about it right now!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I hate the traveling days, too! We got stuck in DFW a couple weeks ago coming home from San Diego. There was a storm that day, too! Only I was the one with the 2 kids, one of whom was having a breakdown!!! :-) Glad I wasn't on my own though. Kevin was with me, or I might have gone nuts! So glad you made it home safe!

Casey said...

I think the traveling part is most exhausting too! And I know just how you feel about just dying inside to get back to your child. I had to leave Charli for youth camp a couple times and it was such a heart wrenching feeling coming home.....and then being delayed! Well, we are glad you are back. I am sure Asher is too. :)

Unknown said...

I feel your pain! Traveling is usually when we either fight cause it's so stressful or we are both just so exhausted!!1 I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!!!